Gourley Law Group

Call Now For Expert Assistance

(360) 323-2885

Gourley Law Group

State run agencies, delegated by state legislature, are put in place for the primary purpose of implementing and administering laws, created at the state level, for the purpose of protecting public interests. At the Gourley Law Group, we represent small and large businesses to aid in the compliance of these regulatory laws.

Our top administrative law attorneys work with our clients to execute the following state administrative law services:

  • Appeals for professional license suspensions or denials
  • Representation for challenges to proposed administrative rules
  • Serve as council for ethics filings and proceedings
  • Advise and act as representative for development, zoning, building permit, and environmental matters
  • Defense in land use, building code, and grading violation accusations
  • Representation at local planning and council meetings

Food Processing and Manufacturing

The Gourley Law Group has years of experience in licensing and administrative law, successfully representing food processors and manufacturing clients in Washington State with licensing, permitting, and regulatory disputes and issues.

Washington Department of Agriculture (WSDA)

As stated on the WSDA’s website, you must have a food processor license if you,

  • cook, bake, freeze, slice, dehydrate, smoke, roast coffee beans, bottle water, or repackage any type of food;
  • process or package food for another entity;
  • produce shelf-stable, low acid canned food;
  • further process finished dairy products;
  • produce dietary or nutrition supplements that do not make health claims;
  • process food containing no more than 2% cooked or 3% raw USDA meat ingredients;
  • process more than 1,000 poultry per year; or
  • are a licensed winery or brewery producing non-alcoholic products.

If your business falls into one of the above categories, let the experienced government and administrative lawyers at the Gourley Law Group resolve your licensing issues with the WSDA.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

As described on the FDA’s website, the FDA regulates all foods and ingredients for food that are offered for sale across state lines, apart from meat, poultry, and certain egg products that are regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Their charge is to ensure the nations’ food supply is “safe, sanitary, wholesome, and honestly labeled.”

At the Gourley Law Group, we have a broad experience in administrative law and regulatory compliance. We represent food processor and manufacturer clients in disputes and licensing issues with the FDA. Let one of our skilled licensing and administrative law attorneys work to resolve your FDA concerns.

Land Use, Plat Development, & Zoning Violation—Defense

We represent clients in the administrative process of developing land, changing zoning, building permits, and environmental issues. We also provide representation in cases of allegations of violations of land use provisions, building code violations, and grading violations. We can appear at council meetings, planning meetings, or represent you in appeals and hearing examiner proceedings. When all else fails, we can bring a LUPA action in Superior Court for an expedited hearing on your rights.

In need of an experienced administrative law and regulatory compliance attorney? Call the Gourley Law Group at (360) 323-2885 to schedule a consultation.

Gourley Law Group

Call Now For Expert Assistance
(360) 323-2885